Craving for some delicious restaurant-style smoked ribs but reluctant on ordering out every time?
Well, this article will give some of the best recipes for smoked ribs that you can easily cook at home for yourself or when arranging a party. The best part of these dishes? They are surprisingly simple to make yet delightfully delicious.
Best Smoked Rib Recipes
Smoked ribs are a favorite among many people. You can create these dishes with any kind of ribs, but baby back ribs are the most popular choice for convenience. Some people also prefer pulling off the membrane from the ribs before smoking it.
Although it is not a necessary step, it sure does contribute to some extra flavor coming through. You can use any kind of wood to smoke the ribs, but some kinds are preferred more than others.
It is recommended to use fruitwood or wood that are lighter while smoking ribs because the heavier ones often overpower the flavor of the ribs themselves. Some of the best woods for smoking ribs are hickory, apple, pecan while the worst are fir, pine, elm, etc.
You can serve ribs in plenty of ways. They can be served alone as the main hero of the dish or alongside some salad dressing, chips, or fries. It totally depends on your preference.
Ribs can be smoked in many ways. One of the most popular methods is the 3-2-1 method. In this method, ribs are first smoked with some rub on them, then wrapped in foils and sometimes bathed in a mixture, and then finally finished.
All three steps are not always needed; as different recipes call for different procedures. Let’s have a look at some of them-
Korean Style Baby Back Ribs with Cheese
Korean food is really popular for its spicy flavor all over the world. Smoked ribs alone are something that food bloggers rave about in Korea, and this special dish with cheese just does the job of bringing more to the table.
- 4 lb baby back ribs
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 to 3 slices of ginger
- ½ white onion
- ½ cup soju
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn
- 4 dried Thai chili
- 3 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 cups cold water
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons red pepper paste
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon sweet plum sauce or apple jelly
- ¼ tablespoon black pepper
For the Cheese Mixture:
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoon sour cream or cream cheese
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1: Cut the membranes from the ribs and divide the ribs into small pieces.
- Step 2: In a large cooking pot, immerse the ribs in 7 cups of water and add the ingredients for the ribs. Make sure the ribs are totally immersed.
- Step 3: Put the lid on the pot and cook on high heat until it starts boiling. Then reduce the heat and cook for 2 more hours with the lid on.
- Step 4: Once the ribs have been cooked, let them cool a little bit before placing them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce together, and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Step 6: Mix the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in a bowl and stir together. Keep in the refrigerator until further use.
- Step 7: Preheat the smoker to 225-degrees F.
- Step 8: Take the ribs out of the refrigerator after the 30 minutes of cooling and place them on the smoker.
- Step 9: Keep brushing the sauce on both sides of the ribs to create a sticky coating. Use all the sauce in the bowl.
- Step 10: Let the ribs rest for 10 more minutes after finishing brushing it with sauce. Then remove it from the smoker.
- Step 11: Place the ribs in a large frying pan and pour the cream cheese mixture around it. Bring the heat up until the cheese starts sizzling.
- Step 12: Serve.
Apple Jalapeno Smoked Ribs
Do you like gravy meat? If you do, you are gonna love this one. This one is going to burst in your mouth and flood you with a variety of tastes.
However, I must warn you that you need to grab a napkin before jumping on it as it’s really gravy. But that’s what makes this dish one of my favorites. And after tasting this delicious dish, it’ll become your favorite too.
- 2 medium jalapenos sliced into rings
- 2 racks back ribs
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 Tsp salted butter
- 2 cups apple juice
- Apple Jalapeno BBQ Sauce
- 4 Tsp sweet rub
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1: Before anything, you need to get rid of the membranes. Next, you need to coat the entire surface with a yellow mustard.
- Step 2: Once you are done with the coating, you’ll need to season it. For that, you can use the sweet rub.
- Step 3: now, you gotta preheat the smoker. Make sure the temperature is no less than 225°. In order to create smoke, I suggest that you use apple wood as it would be the best choice for this dish.
- Step 4: Put the rib piece on the smoker. After that, the waiting period starts. You’ll need to wait about 3 hours before doing anything else.
- Step 5: After 3 hours, you need to take the rib piece off the smoker and surround it in a foil paper. Next, you have to pour the apple juice on it and also sprinkle some brown sugar. Then you put jalapenos inside before making the wrap. Make sure the bind is tight so that it doesn’t get torn.
- Step 6: In the next step, put it back again on the smoker. Keep it that way for 120 mins.
- Step 7: After 2 hours have passed, take it off the smoker, and unwrap it. Be careful while doing that; otherwise, you may get burnt from the heat. It would be wise to use a fork to remove the papers.
- Step 8: Now, you need to return it to the smoker.
- Step 9: Once you see that the jalapeno has been cooked and liquids are pouring out of it, remove the jalapeno, and keep it aside.
- Step 10: Then, you need to place the rib on a regular temperature surface and coat it with BBQ sauce.
- Step 11: Return the rib piece to the cooker again and close the lid. It will remain as it is for 60 mins.
- Step 12: After that, you can take it off and serve it on plates.
Smoked Texas Style BBQ Ribs
When it comes to beef ribs, is it possible to omit Texas-style beef ribs? Certainly not. So, here we present one of the best Texas-style BBQ ribs recipes. Now, this dish gets so so tender that it will just melt in your mouth. So, if you are ready to taste the unique style of Texas, then let’s get started learning the recipe.
- Beef short ribs (one rack)
- Beef Rub
- 1/2 Tsp salt per pound
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1: You’ll see a lot of skin on top of the meat. Your first is to remove them completely. However, do not make the mistake of removing the membranes. Otherwise, the meat piece will disintegrate, which you must avoid at any cost.
- Step 2: I’m not sure if you know it or not, but it’s a 2-day cooking process. You must salt the rib piece before 24-hours of the cooking process. Don’t even think of skipping this step. Otherwise, you won’t get real Texas taste. This step helps to retain the moisture and enhances the flavor.
- Step 3: Now, you may get a meat tenderizer to tender the rib piece. It’s an additional step and certainly not a must one.
- Step 4: You need to preheat the smoker. The temperature can be at 225-226°. You may use oak for the smoker. However, other woods will be fine as well.
- Step 5: Place the meat piece on the smoker. Close the lid. then you’ll need to wait for 5 hours if the meat piece is 1” thin. However, if it’s 2”, you may need to wait 9-10 hours.
- Step 6: After the meat has been cooked, bring it down. You won’t have to wait as it can be presented to the guests without any delay.
Memphis-Style Hickory-Smoked Beef Ribs
If I were to describe this one, I’d use 3 words; Easy, tender, delicious. Even if you aren’t very good at cooking, I can assure you that you won’t have any problem making this dish. So, if you want to give this one a try, read on.
- 1/2 cups paprika
- Slabs beef spareribs (4 lbs. each)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 Tsp onion powder
- 2 cups BBQ Dry Rub
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1: First, you will need to wash the meat pieces. Failure to do that properly will affect the final product negatively. Now, you'll need to remove the membranes entirely. If you see any extra fat, cut them off.
- Step 2: In the next step, you gotta season the rib pieces. For this dish, you’ll use the BBQ dry rub. For each rib piece, you can use as much as a half-cup of dry rub.
- Step 3: Once you are finished with the seasoning process, it’s time to put the meat pieces in a rap. For wrapping, you can use plastic. Make sure to check if the bindings are tight. Once you are ok with the bindings, you can place them in a refrigerator.
- Step 4: After that, preheating the smoker to the desired temperature (225°) is the next step. In order to heat up the smoker, use the Hickory. In addition, you can also use charcoal as well. That will be the perfect combination for the smoke.
- Step 5: Next, you need to put the rib pieces on the grill. Keep in mind that meat pieces shouldn’t be too close to the coals; otherwise, it might affect the taste.
- Step 6: Keep cooking until the meat gets separated from the bones. It shouldn’t take more than 50 mins.
- Step 7: Finally, remove the meat pieces from the smoker and present it in your way to the guests.
Conclusion: In terms of taste, ribs are something that is loved by almost everyone. Smoking that universally well-loved food with the new tips and tricks you have just learned and these amazing recipes that you have just learned will definitely give you an edge in gatherings.
So, no need to wait anymore! Smoke some ribs on the very next party and show off your culinary skills to the world!