It is very simple to cook shrimp. For all occasions, it can be an awesomely delicious lunch and dinner option. If you are looking for a quick and best lunch and dinner idea to feed friends or all the family, garlic butter Tuscan shrimp can be a favorite choice.
Garlic Tuscan shrimp is the best meal for busy people and fresher too. If you don't have the prior experience to cook shrimp at all, no worries. It is super easy. In around 15 minutes, you can cook Tuscan Garlic Shrimp with 10 ingredients.
Can I Cook Frozen Shrimp?
The answer is yes. Easily you can use frozen shrimp instead of fresh shrimp. But usually, you will have to defrost shrimp before cooking. And it will take around 10-15 minutes to defrost.
Always try to use cool water to defrost shrimp. Don't use warm water to thaw shrimp.
How to Store Butter Tuscan Shrimp?
First, let Tuscan shrimp cool at room temperature. Keep it in a separate airtight box. Now it's time to place in the refrigerator. In the refrigerator, it will stay fresh around 4 days.
How to Reheat Tuscan Shrimp?
You can reheat the butter shrimp in the microwave oven easily, just within a minute. Don't forget to watch it closely. And don't heat too long.
If you don't have a microwave oven in the near hand, you can reheat your garlic shrimp in a pan in the medium temperature.
What need to cook Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp (Ingredients for 4 Servings):
- Shrimp (or Prawns): Make confirm that you purchased peeled and deveined shrimp or prawns. There is half-pound (250g) medium-size shrimp (or prawns). I'm using it with the tails. You can collect without the tails. It's a little easy to eat.
- Butter: We are not using oil. We will cook with the butter to improve the taste of Tuscan shrimp.
- Garlic: Chop 2 garlic before cooking. You can't avoid adding garlic to make Tuscan butter shrimp delicious.
- Onion: In all my recipes, I must try to add the onion. Here, I chopped 2 medium size onion. It will add a little yummy flavor.
- Tomatoes: To make Tuscan butter shrimp mouthwatering, sweetness, and tastier, you can add grape, cherry instead of tomatoes. I used fresh 2 chopped tomatoes.
- Milk: I used pre-boiled milk instead of heavy cream. It's an experiment. The result is awesome.
- Malabar spinach: You must love to eat the spinach if it's waiting in your garden for you. I have collected all the Malabar spinach from my garden. I love its greenish color too.
- Mozzarella cheese: As a pizza lover, I couldn't avoid Mozzarella cheese. The cheese enhances Tuscan Butter Shrimp's taste.
- White pepper powder: Add as you like.
- Salt: Just add as you need to taste.
Step by Step Cooking Process: How to Make Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp?
Chopped Onion and Tomatoes
- In a pan, melt a slice of butter. Until melt keeps stirring in medium heat. It will take a minute to melt.
- Add sliced garlic in the melted butter. And fry around a minute.
- Now it's time to add shrimp. Add all the shrimp (250g). Repeating, you can purchase peeled shrimp; it will save you time. It's a question, with tails or without tails? You can use both. In my case, I'm using shrimp with tails.
- Stir and fry around 3 minutes, until fried and reddish. After frying, move to a separate bowl and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add another slice of butter and melt. Now fry the sliced onion (around 2 tablespoons) in the butter. Add chopped tomatoes (2 fresh medium size). Stir and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Pour 250ml pre-boiled room temperature milk. Add salt as needed and half teaspoon white pepper powder. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add Malabar spinach in the pan, stir and wait for 2 minutes. Spinach will become soft through heat and will lose its water.
- Add fried shrimp, what you kept aside. Cook for 2 minutes. And add some Mozzarella cheese on the shrimp. Cook 4 minutes more.
Our Garlic Tuscan Butter Shrimp is now ready. Serve over rice, noodles or pasta, bread, roti (a round flatbread).