The 8 Best Places for BBQ in Montgomery, Alabama
If you are in Montgomery, Alabama, and are a BBQ enthusiast, then you know there are some of the BBQ restaurants that are known to be one of the best. Some are being around since 1960 and have been voted the Best BBQ in Montgomery time after time.
When the weather starts to get a little warmer, everyone starts thinking about where the best BBQ is in Montgomery. There are a lot of great places to get BBQ in town—a lot more than you might expect. In this post, we are making a list of the top 8 best places for BBQ in Montgomery.
Facts About Montgomery Alabama
To say that Montgomery is a city of contrasts would be an understatement. It should be noted, however, that the city has always had that kind of magic to it. It is the kind of place where the rich and the poor live side by side, the kind of city that is historic but has a modern twist to it. It is the kind of city where people can still get down to the dirt and not be ashamed of it, and where people can have religion and still have fun.
Well, what are some interesting facts about Montgomery Alabama? Here is the list of facts about Montgomery:
- Montgomery is the capital of Alabama. It was incorporated on December 3, 1819, and was named after a military hero, Major General Richard Montgomery. The city covers about 162.27 square miles.
- The largest employer in the region was the Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base by January 2011, with around 12,280 employees.
- The state of Alabama has the highest percentage of the African American population in the US. 56.6% Black, as of 2010.
- The Montgomery Zoo is the largest zoo in the state of Alabama. 40-acre Zoo has approximately 750 animals.
- If you are planning a vacation, you should consider visiting Montgomery Alabama. The best time to visit Montgomery Alabama is between April to June. There are plenty of places to dine in Montgomery Alabama.
- Downtown Montgomery: The downtown area of Montgomery includes an assortment of museums, shops, restaurants, and music venues.
- Historical landmarks: The Rosa Parks Museum is the only museum in the world dedicated to civil rights activism. The Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts has permanent collections of both American Art and Arts of Africa. It includes Old Master prints, decorative arts, American paintings and sculptures of the 19th, 20th centuries, regional art, etc.
- Famous people from Montgomery: Martin Luther King Jr., Hank Williams, Jefferson Davis, Nat King Cole, Winton Malcolm Blount Jr., etc.
List of the Best BBQ Restaurant in Montgomery Alabama
1. Dreamland BBQ, Montgomery
Dreamland BBQ is one of the most popular barbecue restaurants in Montgomery Alabama and it is considered to be the best BBQ joint in Montgomery. They smoke all of their meats in-house, then go a step further by adding their signature rub and sauce to finish it off.
If you have driven around the Montgomery, Alabama, area you have most likely noticed a smoke-filled building off the interstate. This building is the Dreamland BBQ and has been a staple in the BBQ community for over 60 years. With the growth of BBQ and food in general, Dreamland BBQ has been able to stay in business and keep the quality at a high level. This success is due to the history, the people, and the way they make the BBQ.
- Opened: 1958 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Phone: 334 273 7427
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 12 W Jefferson St, Montgomery, AL 36104, United States
2. Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q, Montgomery
- Opened: 1985
- Phone: 334-213-0046
- Address: 6415 Atlanta Hwy, Montgomery, AL 36117, United States
3. Full Moon Bar-B-Que, Montgomery
- Opened: 1986
- Phone: (334) 676-5999
- Address: 7660 Eastchase Pkwy, Montgomery, AL 36117, United States
4. Shane’s Rib Shack, Montgomery
- Opened: 2002
- Phone: (334) 593-6539
- Address: 3984 Atlanta Hwy, Montgomery, AL 36109, United States
5. Fat Man’s Smokehouse, Montgomery
- Phone: +1 334-396-9501
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1660 Federal Dr, Montgomery, AL 36109, United States
6. K & J Rib Shack, Montgomery
- Opened: 2004
- Phone: 334-676-3176
- Address: 1041 Perry Hill Rd, Montgomery, AL 36109, United States
7. Moe’s Original BBQ, Montgomery
- Opened: 2001
- Phone: (334) 676-1978
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1051 E Fairview Ave, Montgomery, AL 36106, United States
8. Brenda’s Bar-B-Que Pit, Montgomery
- Phone: +1 334-262-9349
- Address: 1457 Mobile Rd, Montgomery, AL 36108, United States
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Barbeque Restaurants in Montgomery AL
Montgomery is famous for its southern-style Bar-B-Que, fried chicken, Conecuh sausage, meatloaf sandwiches, burgers, etc. Montgomery’s BBQ restaurants are known for baked beans, fried green tomatoes, and peach cobbler.
Montgomery Alabama is best known as the capital of Alabama. It is also home to hundreds of businesses supporting the needs of a growing metropolitan area. Montgomery is also best known as the home of Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama Shakespeare Festival, Conecuh National Forest, Rosa Parks Library and Museum, and many other locations of interest.
Montgomery, the capital of Alabama, was named for General Richard Montgomery, an American Revolutionary War general killed in 1775 during a failed invasion of the province of Quebec.
The demographic information is Montgomery Alabama is approximately 60.80 percent black and 32.64 percent white.
The city was named for Richard Montgomery, an American Revolutionary War general killed in 1775 at the Battle of Quebec. That is why Montgomery is called Montgomery.
Montgomery is a city in Alabama, United States. It is the county seat of Montgomery County and the capital of Alabama. Montgomery is home to many notable landmarks such as the Alabama State Capitol, Old Alabama Town Historic District, and the Civil Rights Memorial.
Check More in Alabama: Alabama | Mobile | Birmingham
In summary, there is a lot of competition to be the best BBQ restaurant in the city. If you are a BBQ fan, then you definitely should try out Dreamland BBQ, or Full Moon Bar-B-Que. All two of these restaurants are very popular among BBQ fans. Try them all and then tell us what you got. We have presented the top eight best BBQ restaurants in Montgomery Al. In order to find the best BBQ place in the city, you have to first define what you mean by the word ‘best’. Some people base their selection criteria on the quality of meat, while others prefer the quality of the barbecue sauce. We think you should go by the overall experience and all-round fulfillment that the restaurant gives you.